source: The Daily Cardinal
U.S. Congressional candidate Kevin Barrett, a former one-semester instructor at UW-Madison, was arrested in Madison Tuesday for violating a restraining order filed by his wife, Fatna Bellouchi.
According to Madison Police Officer Lori Chalecki, Barrett turned himself in to police after violating the no-contact provision of his restraining order.
On Sept. 10, Barrett was charged with domestic abuse following a criminal complaint filed by Bellouchi.
According to the complaint, Barrett struck his 14-year-old son several times in the back and threatened Bellouchi with clenched fists.
Barrett, tired from a long day of traveling, allegedy struck their son because their two children failed to lower the TV volume, the complaint said.
Barrett drew national attention in 2006 when he shared his conspiracy theories surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks with a class. He claimed the U.S. government played a role in the attacks.
Rolf Lindgren, Barrett’s spokesperson, said Bellouchi’s allegations appear to be a publicity stunt.
Lindgren said he believes Bellouchi filed the report in an effort to draw media attention to her husband.
- Libertarian Party candidate Barrett arrested; police say he violated restraining order (Wisconsin State Journal)
- Congressional candidate arrested over restraining order
- Police: Barrett Violated Order
- Kevin Barrett Supports Debunked 9/11 Theories (Arabesque)
- Kevin Barrett and his PR Manager Slander 911blogger, Truthaction, and 9/11 activists (Arabesque)