The 2008 Spring Membership Drive at KRFC 88.9 FM presented a great opportunity for the launch of the first Week of Truth campaign, The National The Shell Game Buy In Week of Truth, April 16th – 22nd, 2008.
As I have pledged, Visibility 9-11 will be purchasing 10 copies of The Shell Game, by Steve Alten during the Week of Truth. As I considered what I would do with these 10 books, it occurred to me that KRFC was right in the middle of their bi-annual fund raising drive and that it might be possible to get on as co-host of Words of Freedom for a special episode of the show. My plan was to donate the 10 books to the station, offer them as a premium gift to contributors, and have Steve Alten on as a guest to kick off the Week of Truth buy in for The Shell Game. Long story short, David Peterson at KRFC gladly found me a 30 minute spot during the fund drive. This interview is a result of that collaboration.
I urge all my listeners and supporters to go to www.weekoftruth.org and get involved in The National The Shell Game Buy In Week of Truth. This is a way everyone, for a small expense, can get involved and make a difference.
Administrative Office 970.221.5075
- General Manager (Interim) Chris Kennison, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Coordinator Carole Lundgren, email@example.com
- Volunteer Coordinator Brian Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Director and Live@Lunch Coordinator Dennis Bigelow, email@example.com
- News Director David Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Download this episode here.